Authenticity of Official Documents
Official transcripts and certification letters are produced on a colored security paper that does not require a raised seal. The school seal and the assistant registrar's name are incorporated in the paper. A black and white copy is not official. When photocopied the word "copy" and the school name should appear.
Student Consent for Release of Academic Records
Students may authorize someone else to order transcripts and certification letters on their behalf. The person ordering the document must have a written note signed by a student. The note should contain the following information:
- the name of the person who has permission to order the transcript
- whether the document is to be picked up or mailed out of the office (mailing address should be included)
- the student's name, social security number, date of birth, and approximate dates of attendance at North Texas
- the type of certification letter, if applicable (e.g. degree certification, academic standing, etc.)
- the student's written signature
- the person ordering the document will need to present a picture ID.
Parental Affidavit for Academic Information
This form allows parents who claim their student as a dependent on their most recently filed income taxes to request academic information about the student.
Types of Verification/Certification
- Proof of Enrollment
- Rank in Class
- Academic Standing
- Hours attempted/earned
- Cumulative GPA (UNT coursework only)
- Course Schedule
- Anticipated Graduation Date
How to Order a Verification/Certification Letter-Loan Deferment
Students can request a certification letter or loan deferment in person, by letter, or by fax (940-565-3878). The request should include the following information:
- student's full name and any previous names if applicable
- student's social security number
- student's signature
- the type of verification needed (e.g. GPA, degree verification, current enrollment, etc.) and
- the address in which to mail the official letter.
Certification letters and loan deferments will not be faxed out!
If request is being made by employers/universities/lenders, a written consent authorizing release of student's information must accompany request. To order in person, go to the first floor Registrar's Office in the ESSC.